The IGNITE Community Accelerator is an intensive, 10-week program designed to lift early-stage businesses to greater heights while generating momentum for the region’s entrepreneurial and economic development efforts.
Walter Paul, Chapter Chair of SCORE, will be the program facilitator. The IGNITE Community Accelerator is scheduled to start its seventh cohort on Friday, February 22 2019. IGNITE Day, when participants conclude the program by pitching their companies and demonstrating their products, will take place April 26 2019.
Open to developing businesses and early startups, the IGNITE Community Accelerator provides each business owner with business services and support valued at more than $15,000, which includes personal business coaching and mentoring by a successful entrepreneur in a similar field.
The participating businesses will get to take advantage of IGNITE services that include: up to 30 hours of one-on-one business coaching; 10 hours of business workshops; 48 hours of intense business training; access to co-working space at the Workforce Training Center throughout the 10-week program; access to the FUSE Makerspace to help with prototype development if needed; support in developing a 100-day tactical plan for the business after the Accelerator is over; and additional coaching after the program to help with implementing the 100-day tactical plan.
The IGNITE program, which will take place on 10 consecutive Fridays, offers 10 full program days of entrepreneurship curriculum that includes:
- February 22– Entrepreneurship 101 and The Power to Choose
- March 1 – Recognizing Opportunities and Telling Your Story
- March 8 – Marketing and Branding Strategies
- March 15 – Knowledge, Learning, and the Perfect Customer
- March 22 – Identifying Your Customer, Targeting Your Market
- March 29 – Ideas Into Action and Building Your Business Model
- April 5 – Financial Literacy
- April 12 – Building a Successful Network
- April 19 – IGNITE Day Practice
- April 26 – IGNITE Day
For more information and to apply, visit http://stemuluscenter.org/ignite-community-accelerator.