CNM Ingenuity’s Home Maintenance & Repair program will teach you the basics of taking care of residential homes. This includes seasonal maintenance to buildings and grounds as well as simple, non-structural repairs to walls, doors, windows, porches, decks, steps, and siding. By the end of the program, you will be prepared to work for a property maintenance company or go into business for yourself as a handyperson. The program is also perfect for homeowners who want to take better care of their own property.
Home Maintenance & Repair offers two tracks:
1. Seasonal four-hour clinics on specific aspects of home maintenance. Completely virtual, these clinics combine self-paced content assembled by experienced instructors followed by a live instructional session and Q&A.
Getting the Most from your Home’s Heating & Cooling Systems | December 11th 9 AM to 1 PM in CNM’s Residential HVAC Lab
Learn simple seasonal maintenance, tips and tricks to improve efficiency and safety, and what rebates you may be able to take advantage of by upgrading your systems, from an HVAC/R professional and veteran CNM instructor. Topics include:
- Evaporative (swamp) cooler seasonal startup and shut down
- Basic furnace maintenance
- Basic water heater maintenance
- Different types of thermostats and how to program them
- Air filter upgrades and replacements
2. Intensive, two-week (80 hour), hands-on course that covers a wide variety of handy skills. Led by an experienced carpenter, this course will take place in a rental unit near CNM Main Campus.*We anticipate offering this course beginning in late 2021 or early 2022.
Limited seats available at no charge thanks to the generosity of Lowe’s.
Fill out the form below to begin the registration process or for more information.
View All Programs >>